Friday, October 8, 2010

Thankful for Nintendo

     Over the past decade, I have done customer service for some morally questionable businesses. When I started with those comapanies, I had no previous knowledge of their products. Once I learned about them I was not very enthusiastic about them. But when talking to customers, I had to be stand behind the product and make it sound sincere. Now, however, I work for Nintendo. For the first time in my life, I get paid to support products that I am familiar with, that I enjoy, and that are not sold as cleverly concealed ways of ripping customers off. For the first time in my life, I work for a company that I like. When a customer asks if I like a certain Nintendo product, I can honestly say that I do. Thanks to Nintendo, I am no longer a professional liar. Each of these factors have so far made Nintendo a wonderful place to work. It is amazing to me just how much happer I am in this job.

     I am so thankful for my new job, and for the happiness that it brings me. I am thankful for my kids who motivate me to go to work each day to make sure their needs are met. I am especially thankful for my wife who stood by and supported me through our financial hard times while I searched for a new job. I love her and am so appreciative of everything she does for our family.

3 comments:

  1. Right on Mike. I'm jealous that you work for an organization that you like and believe in. If only we were all so lucky. Oh wait, I work for the Church, so I'm not jealous. :P But I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the man, Mike! I don't know what it's like to be a professional liar, but unfortunately I became a liar when I got married...Leierzapf ("Liars-off") is a terrible burden to bear as a last name. :o) But all jokes aside, I'm so happy that things are looking up for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete